The Light Forklift driving license course prepares the students for the RTA Road Test and enables them to get the Dubai Driving License No. 7. Students who complete this course and pass the RTA Road Tests are licensed to drive light forklifts. Minimum age requirement for light forklift course is 20 years.
The course offers an introduction to different types of forklifts. Detailed lessons on engine and loading capacity, the different types of levers along with their controls, how to operate in different working areas and in various weather conditions, focus on how to reduce maintenance expenses, increase efficiency, reduce accidents and improve operating skills, form part of the course. Students are taught in detail about load control and how to load various kinds of materials: at which angle will the load be adjustable, etc.
Light Forklifts criterion- Weight is less than 7 tons.
Key course content
- Vehicle familiarization
- Steering control
- Loading and unloading
- Vehicle positioning
- Training on an uneven surface
- Traffic signs, signals and road markings
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before the RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s 3 main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz/Port Rashid) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required*
- if Employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- If Unemployed/Personal employed sponsor: No Objection letter from the sponsor must be submitted on a white paper with the signature.
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable for other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customers working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination:
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA if available (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ Certificate from the consulting doctor
Light Forklift - 20 hours of training
|Regular training||Friday training|
|RTA fee||AED 1,270||AED 1,270|
|EDI fees||AED 2,970 + 5% VAT||AED 3,130 + 5% VAT|
|Total fee till first road test with only the first test-attempt fees
(Including Theory test, Parking test, Assessment test, and Road test fee & a discount of 4 FREE training hours)
|AED 4,240||AED 4,400|
|Get Summer discounts upto AED 700!|
• Walk into any of our branches. Click here for our locations.
• Register Online – Click here
1 hour training 3 days a week ( 3 hours training )
3 days a week
Sat - Mon -Wed or Sun -Tue - Thurs
6 days a week
Sat - Thurs
*Regular night class from 5:20PM – 8:50PM
Students can take their training only on Friday. Light Forklift Training Course can be taken from EDI Head Office in Qusais and Al Quoz.
Preferred training schedule of the student during working hours of E.D.I (8 hours training a week)
- The training timings are from 8:30AM to 4:50PM with timely breaks during the day.
- We also have training Classes on Friday from 07:30am to 4:00pm with breaks in between the classes.
- All forklifts are provided by the Institute.
Training Rules & Regulations:
1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures and tests.
2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
3. If you wish to temporary stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
4. In case you’re instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
5. You must use the MDT card for timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
All students who register for Light Forklift Training Course need to take 2 theory lectures available on weekdays and Fridays. Lectures can be attended online (e-lectures) in English, Urdu or Arabic or at the main centers in Al Qusais, Al Quoz, and Port Rashid centers.
Please note that all students have to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures attendance.
- Lecture 1 : Traffic Sign
- Lecture 2 : Final
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test. Now you can also take e-Lecture (online lecture) in English. Click here to see the user guide. Click here for lecture schedule
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages. The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees. This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
Fees: An additional fee of AED 400/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
- Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
- Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
- Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
- Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.
Ways to apply
Test 1: RTA Signal Test
EDI main centers (test dept.)
Test 2: Assessment Test
EDI call center & main centers
Test 3: RTA Road test
EDI main centers