You want to drive a luxury car, so why not learn to drive safely in one too.
Emirates Driving Institute, the UAE’s largest and most successful driving institute, is proud to announce launch of its “Platinum Driving Course,” where our esteemed customers will learn how to drive on an elite fleet of cars, like Range Rover Sport, Mercedes G500 & C200, TESLA & Nissan Patrol are specially chosen to keep customer’s exclusivity in mind.
With an impressive state-of-the-art facilities and over 25 years of experience in delivering quality driver training, the all-new Platinum Driving Course offers an impressive portfolio of in-house services, luxury training vehicles and training schedule that can be customized to suit customer needs and making the entire journey from registration to earning your driver’s license as easy & stress-free as possible.
The indulging doesn’t end there. Customers of the platinum course will only pay a fixed course fees until they get their license, no matter how many classes and tests they take.
Another benefit of this course is that customers will be trained on high-end luxury vehicles they usually wish to own after getting the license. This will help them be better-adapted with the mechanics & features of SUV, ensuring their further safety while driving on the road.
Each guest will be assigned a dedicated relationship manager, who will manage all their formalities and documentation until the driver license is handed over.
The institute is also offering a complimentary pick and drop service for patrons of the platinum course.
The other highlights of the course are as below:
1. Eye test & course registration of the course can be done from customer’s home/ location by paying a lump sum amount. This amount will cover entire cost of training until the student gets the license. Irrespective, of the number of classes & attempts the students takes to clear the Theory Test, Parking Test, Assessment Test & Road Test or any other test
2. Pick and drop service will be provided to the student by the instructor in the high-end luxury training vehicle.
3. For lectures students will be brought to any of EDI’s three main testing and training center. They can also take lectures via EDI’s e-lecture services.
4. For RTA Road tests, RTA examiner will visit student’s location to take the test in training vehicle.
5. More details of the course and fee structure can be seen by visiting www.edi.ae or by calling +971 4 263 1100.
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s 3 main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz/Port Rashid) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- for employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- for the personal sponsor (wife/husband/siblings): No Objection letter not required
- for the personal sponsor (driver/nanny/helpers): No Objection letter is required
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable for other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customers working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination (special needs):
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA if available (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ Certificate from the consulting doctor
(20 hours of training)
|Other countries' valid license issued between 2 - 5 years
(15 hours of training)
|Other countries' valid license issued more than 5 years
(10 hours of training)
|Including RTA fee and eye test|
|AED 25,000 + 5% VAT||AED 21,000 + 5% VAT||AED 17,000 + 5% VAT|
|Get Summer Discounts upto AED 700!|
Saturday to Thursday: 8:30am -2:30pm and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Student can take 2 hours at a time and up to 4 hours training a day with an hour break between each two hours class.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Give minimum 48 hours’ notice to book Theory /Parking/ Road Test. Test timing will be as per the availability in the RTA system .
2. Give minimum 24 hours’ notice to cancel any scheduled Theory /Parking/ Road Test.
3. Give minimum 24 hours’ notice to arrange classes, subject to availability of training vehicle.
4. Pay extra for the Remote Interpretation Service (RIS), if they opt for this translation service for theory test. (What is RIS Service?) Amount: AED 400.
5. Be charged as per EDI's policy, if absent for any RTA Test.
Platinum course students have the advantage of taking lectures as per their convenience and time. EDI's course in-charge helps in organising lectures in special lecture hall as preferred by the student.
All students who register for 20 /15 /10 hour sessions of car driving license course need to take 8 compulsory lectures. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. Lectures are offered in different languages such as English, Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at different locations - EDI Head Office (Al Qusais), Al Quoz, Port Rashid and Al Aweer.
Please note that it is mandatory for all students to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures.
• Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Managing Risks
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
• Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
• Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Rules of Attendance
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test. Now you can also take e-Lecture (online lecture) in English. Click here to see the user guide. Click here for lecture schedule
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages.
The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 400/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.